West Cheshire Children’s Trust Children and Young People’s Plan Plan
The West Cheshire Children’s Trust Plan explains what partners aim to do to improve outcomes for children and young people and their families. It sets out what we think are the most important things to deliver together from 2020 to 2024 onwards. The best way that services can do this is by jointly planning what to achieve and how they are going to do it.
The Children and Young People’s Plan covers all services for all children and young people aged 0 – 19 and for young people aged 20 and over who have left care and young people up to the age of 25 with special educational needs and disabilities .
West Cheshire Children’s Trust Strategic Outcomes Plan
The Children and Young People’s Plan is based on evidence taken from past performance, needs assessments and agreed priorities with our partners. The Children and Young People’s Plan sets a clear direction for the West Cheshire Strategic Partnership. The strategic partnership has agreed the following strategic outcomes:
- To promote and improve the emotional health and wellbeing of children, young people and their families. (Emotional Health and Wellbeing).
- The needs of children with Special Educational Needs and Disability are met and that West Cheshire and Chester is a borough where all children and young people are included regardless of their need, background or vulnerability. (SEND and Inclusion).
- To promote the development of children in the Early Years to ensure that they are ready for school. (Early Years and School Readiness).
- Intervening in a joined-up way at the earliest possible stage to prevent problems escalating with children, young people and their families. (Early Help and Prevention).
- To support our Children in Care and Care Leavers to enable them to achieve their full potential. (Children in Care and Care Leavers).
The Children’s Trust Executive is responsible for managing the business processes of the Children’s Trust and the delivery of services in line with the agreed priorities under the Children and Young People’s Plan Strategic Outcomes. To do this each strategic outcome has a multi-agency sub-group responsible for ensuring that services are delivered in line with the priorities and local needs identified within the West Cheshire Children and Young People’s Plan.
To access the 2020-2024 West Cheshire Children and Young People’s Plan please click here.